- September 13, 2016
- 7:30 pm
- Waiatarua Town Hall
PLEASE NOTE: THERE HAS BEEN A DATE CHANGE.
Event is now being held on Tuesday, 13th September.
Hello Fellow Waiatarua Auckland City Council Local Body Electors (or FWACCLBE for short).
- Do you have any burning questions you want to ask the candidates who are standing for councillor or local board member in the next local body elections?
- Do you as a FWACCLBE want to know more about the plans they may or may not have for the region?
- Do you as a FWACCLBE want to know more about how your rates levies and fees will be spent in Waiatarua?
- Do you as a FWACCLBE want to share a tea or coffee with your neighbours at 1900 on 13th September at the hall?
The Waiatarua Residents and Ratepayers Association (WRRA) would like to invite you to a meet the candidates evening on 13th September 2016in our local Community hall at 911 West Coast Road Waiatarua, starting at 1930. (There are 7 candidates confirmed at this time.)
The meeting is to allow candidates who are seeking to represent the Waitakere Ward as a councillor and/or as a member of the Waitakere Ranges Local Board, an opportunity to share their visions and views for our region with you.
The meeting will be chaired by the president of the WRRA Peter Casey and will follow the following format
13th September 2016
- 1900 hall doors open
- 1900- 1930 mix and mingle tea/coffee available
- 1930 – 2030 each candidate has between three to five minutes to address the meeting*
- 2030-2100 Questions from the floor
- 2100-2130 mix and mingle tea coffee available
- *The time allowed for each presentation will depend on the number of RSVP’s from the candidates. Currently six have indicated they would like to speak.
- Questions can only be asked of candidates during the questions from the floor.
- The candidate answering the question will have 60 seconds to answer the question. (If more time is required it will be suggested that the discussions be continued in the mix and mingle session.)
- The chairperson may have some questions for the candidates if there are none forthcoming from the floor.
- Safety is to be observed at all times and number of public attendees will be restricted to meet the hall capacity allowed in the lease.
- It will be expected that each candidate will be shown the respect and decorum as befits the occasion.
If you are interested in attending this meeting, please RSVP to
email@example.com by WEDNESDAY 7th September 2016 so we can reserve a seat for you!